Wednesday, September 21, 2011

RZ


I had all intentions of posting this yesterday, since Tuesday is the day the Rachel Zoe project airs, but the morning got away from me and before I knew it I was in bed too tired to do anything. So, instead of skipping it all together we will just pretend like it airs tonight (which works for me since I haven't watched it yet) and that this post is totally timely and relevant.

If you watch the show you were able to see RZ launch her eponymous line in last week's episode -nervously showing to fashion editors, buyers and friends. Honestly, I wasn't really sure what to think when I heard RZ was launching her own line. I definitely didn't take the QVC line too seriously - other than the fur vest that was bananas. She is an amazing stylist, but that really didn't mean she would be an amazing designer. Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the collection:
Fall 2012

And am even more excited about the Spring and Resort 2012 collections. I was happy to see that you don't have to be a twig like her to be able to where her clothing. The bold colors and mod silhouettes emulate the '60s and '70s style icons that RZ mimics in her everyday life. I love that the majority of the pieces look relaxed and easy to wear, very LA meets NYC, which is exactly what she was going for.

Spring 2012

Resort 2012

 I will admit that I hope to see a little improvement in the shoes and accessories department, but otherwise I die

*note: if you don't watch the Rachel Zoe Project, I just want to point out that bananas and I die are not my language, but hers 

Images via style.com and Neiman Marcus

2 comments:

  1. Love your note at the bottom :). She has quite a few pieces on piperlime that I covet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I die for that show. I miss Brad and Taylor but it's still soooo good. Did you see Brad has a bravo show coming out?!?

    ReplyDelete