Tuesday, March 29, 2011



I think I've stated my love for a good salad a few times before, so it shouldn't surprise you that I have fallen in love with my recent cooking purchase: For the Love of Salad by Jeanelle Mitchell. The book has a wide array of salad options ranging from leafy greens to pasta to hearty meat and seafood salads. I am especially excited about all of the new dressing options as I tend to find store bought dressings never quite satiate my appetite. What you see above is my favorite dressing/salad so far. I didn't follow the ingredients of the salad exactly and just added the vegetables I wanted -- tomatoes, avocado, radish, celery and red onion. But I did take the dressing from the book and I highly recommend it. It's easy, light and a great change to a regular vinaigrette. 

Recipe:
Basil Vinaigrette
1/2 Cup lightly packed fresh basil
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 Tsp sea salt
1/4 Tsp ground pepper
3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil

In a food processor, puree the basil with vinegar, salt, and pepper, then blend in oil. (You could use a blender if you don't have a food processor, or even just finely chop the basil by hand.) Easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment