Monday, February 28, 2011

Remember a couple of weeks ago when I posted about the Urban Market Houston? Well I ended up going and had a wonderful time. The day I went was absolutely beautiful and the market was a buzz with wheelers and dealers from all over. 

Above you can see some of the goods I purchased from a few different vendors: A. Ostrich eggs from a quite unfriendly vendor I may add, but I couldn't pass them up as she was selling them for quite a steal. B. Blue & white Chinese ginger jars from a very friendly local vendor. C. Neither the vendor nor I are quite sure what these little trays were originally meant to be used for, but I love them and they look great on my coffee table! I also picked up a really neat, old spice drawer but I haven't quite figured out what to do with it so it's currently just sitting on my kitchen counter. 

Overall I would recommend hitting the market next time it comes to town (I think May), I wasn't there very long and still left with some great steals. A word of warning though: this is not exactly a flea market so don't go looking for impressive deals on furniture and art, but do be prepared to scout out the cheaper stuff within the riches!

4 comments:

  1. Love all your finds... The trays are really neat and look great with the coffee table.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your post! Love your treasures & hope to see you again in May - the 14th/15th.
    Jackie Sharbrough, owner
    The Urban Market Houston Antique Show

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Urban Market was so fun - can't wait for May!

    And yes, Sal, Fannie's painting is always front and center!

    ReplyDelete