Thursday, July 22, 2010

A studly DIY

After stumbling upon the PS I Made This website a couple of weeks ago, I was inspired to try one of her many do-it-yourself projects. I have to be careful with these kinds of projects because I often find myself in over my head with $75 worth of materials that I have either some how completely messed up or just can't figure out what to do with them. It is also not a rare occasion that I just completely lose interest in the project or start and never finish it... Anyway, I found one on her site that is easy, fun and cheap to make!

So here it is:

Decorative Studded Boxes
Materials:
-Any size/color/shape box that you choose. Find ones that are easy to puncture yet sturdy. I used something like these. Container Store had some great, cheap options. If you have extra boxes laying around - just spray paint them whatever color you want - doesn't have to be too fancy!
-Thumbtacks
-Ruler (optional)
-Pencil (optional)



As you can probably imagine, the rest is pretty much common sense! Get creative and design a pattern on your boxes - use your initials or just freehand a design. I found it easier to draw a light line with my pencil and ruler and use that as my guide.

My final product! (you can probably guess which one I started with...)

These turn out to be great decorative accents or even gift boxes. Go ahead, try it for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment